All of the products we use are designed to meet or exceed state and local VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) requirements. TEX∙COTE®, a family owned business that has been manufacturing high performance coatings since 1961, is the first paint and coatings manufacturer to be granted a patent for heat reflective wall coatings and incorporate post industrial recycled content into our products.
Texture Coating of America’s flag-ship product, COOLWALL®, is a revolutionary coating system that helps reduce the impact our everyday actions have on the environment by having extremely low VOC’s and can provide cooling cost energy savings*. COOLWALL®:
MOST COATINGS CLAIM TO BE GREEN BY CUTTING VOCs. ONLY COOLWALL®CUTS EMISSIONS THROUGH REFLECTIVITY, UTILIZES RECYCLED MATERIALS, AND HELPS REDUCE COOLING COSTS
- Contains heat reflective properties to reduce surface temperatures and can provide for cooling cost energy savings*
- Has heat reflective technology that also leads to increased durability and fade resistance due to less expansion and contraction stress on the coating, greatly extending the product life-cycle.
- Incorporates post-industrial recycled glass to further increase sustainability.
- Has been recognized by prominent LEED™ Accredited Professionals as being worthy of submission for LEED credits in up to three of the six LEED categories.
- Can lower cooling electricity usage during peak demand hours, which results in a significant cost savings*.
- Allows you to experience lower surface temperatures as a result of increased reflectivity without sacrificing color and visual appeal. Providing lower surface temperatures in all colors not just white.
- Uses the same infrared heat reflective technology used by the U.S. military to reduce radar signatures on its planes and vehicles
- Works by reflecting much of the infrared light back into the atmosphere, lowering surface temperatures by up to 40 degrees Fahrenheit*
- Was tested and proven by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory to reduce cooling costs by up to 21.9%*.
- Incorporates patented FADE BLOCK™ technology that is virtually immune to the effects of harmful UV radiation, which include degrading paint resulting in fading and chalking.